Friday, October 19, 2007

Proposal

So, we're engaged!! I thought I would tell the proposal story from my (Teagan's) perspective as a first post.


Brian took me to dinner at The Butcher Shop, which is a steak restaurant where you get to pick your own piece of meat for them to cook. The restaurant is just adjacent to The World's Fair park, so Brian suggested that we go for a walk after dinner.
When we got to the Sunsphere, two of Brian's friends were waiting there. One had a bouquet of roses and the other was taking pictures. Brian read a card to me about Beauty and how unlike the flowers my beauty is both inward and out. Then he read from 1 Peter 3:3-5. After that, we kept walking.
A little further along, two more of his friends met us and handed us a Godiva box. It had chocolate covered strawberries that were all together. He told me they were to represent two becoming one and talked to me about how each is good on it's own, but the combination is better than the ingredients apart...and he read from Ephesians 5:31.
Then we walked a little further and met two more friends of Brian's. He just took something from them and we kept walking right to the middle of a bridge. He had gotten a Bible and read to me from 1 Cor. 13 and Song of Songs 8:6-7. When he was done reading, he turned the Bible over and showed that he'd had it engraved "Teagan Rozmus" Then he got down on one knee and asked me to be his wife. Through many tears, I said yes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome. I am so happy for you two, I can't wait for the wedding!

steve said...

Beautiful! Through MY tears, I read your story - this is soooo awesome! I'm so happy for the two of you! What an incredible adventure you have ahead!